Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Best friends

Have you ever been truly jealous of your child?

I have.

And it all revolves around her having a best friend.

At 2.

He's also 2.

And they seriously love each other in a way I hope to have a friend love me one day.

I have friends, I even have best friends.  People I would die for.

But there is something about this relationship of theirs that just sparks such a twinge of jealousy in me.

Want to know another thing?  I'm pretty sure my kiddo has more than one bestie.  Honestly, she makes friends so easily, but she seems to just connect with kids in ways that just... astonishes me!  Every time!

And everyone, it's really hard to be jealous of your kid.

really

fucking

hard.

But here we are.  She sees her bestie a couple times a week, though I think she could see him every day and still want more time with him.

I just hold hope that as they age and grow, their friendship will continue.

Because when you can you've been best friends since you were 2?

That's something special in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment