Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Why a parenting blog?


I'm not sure if I've ever answered this before, but now I'm thinking about my why a lot more and wanted to put it out there!

Why a parenting blog? Why take the time to write a blog that is going into a market very saturated with all types of opinions? 


Representation. 


I follow a ton of parenting blogs. Follow along on different social media platforms as well. And even follow a ton of their podcasts! I love to hear people chat about parenting and raising a family and existing in the world as a parent. Parenting is so unique to each family on how they do it and our family is no different. I just love hearing about how others do it too! 

But they are all writing for moms. I don't ever see or hear of a parenting blog for all parents. It's all "For moms by moms", which is valuable! And so much needed. Moms absolutely need community and to hear others describe their experience. 

I also think there needs to be a parenting blog that represents parents other than moms. Not seeing this anywhere, I decided to create it. And years ago, this wasn't exactly why I started blogging. And it's not totally my reason today. It's part of my reasoning. 


I also really like writing. And talking about my kid. And all the kids who come through our household. And the experiences we have as gay parents. And so much more. 

So why a parenting blog? That's a hard question to answer specifically. Why not a parenting blog? Why not write about what I love writing, so that I'm writing again? That's the goal, just write! 

I don't expect this to be anything more than my ramblings about my existence with my children. And that's exactly what I want it to be, and for that I'm excited to get back to writing. I'm excited to start putting my thoughts on paper again and enjoying doing it all. 

I hope you all enjoy the blog. If you do, great! If you don't, that's also great! I'm not for everyone and everyone is not for me. Overall, I am happy to be doing what I'm doing, how I'm doing it and existing in this space. I look forward to writing more and in the end, that's what matters to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment