Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

Back to nature

In my quest to help baby sleep better I have decided it's in her best interest to spend time outside.  Lots of time outside.  Granted, this is a bonus for me too, as I love being outside.  But forcing her outside seems to be making her more tired than normal.  So perhaps I've stumbled on to something!

Or every other parent out there knew that already and just wanted to let us figure it out on our own...

Either way, baby is enjoying her time outside.  She gets to chat with the neighbors, who all think she is awesome, and she gets to play with flowers and rocks.  What more could a toddler want?! 

I mean, look at her.  She is digging right in to that flower garden.  How awesome for her!  And how awesome for me.  Because with her doing that, now I see the benefits.. as she has been in her own bed as of the typing of this for an hour!  An HOUR!  That is big time news!  

Anyway, out time outside has been amazing.  Today we went for a walk and she tried to make friends with some neighborhood kids.  They were very nice, but also very very afraid of her.  She chased them for a good 10 minutes before I decided it was probably enough of terrifying the children and picked her up to leave.

But at least she's trying to make friends!  That's one step ahead of me and all my friends.

She also tried to chase dogs that people were taking for walks.  Which was hilarious.  She seems to have a thing for chasing.  

So in 2 days now we have had two walks.  I'm happy with those numbers.  100%.  I now need to find some outdoor toys for her though.  We had to bring out some of the indoor stuff and she was less than amused with the same toys in a new setting.  I think tomorrow I am going to pick up some bubbles, because what little kid doesn't like bubbles?

Getting back to nature also gives her a chance to be a kid outside like we all were.  I remember running all around the neighborhood as a child.  Not a care in the world until I was whistled for, and even sometimes after that.  But it also connects her to, well, nature.  She gets a chance to feel the dirt in her hands, put a rock in her mouth, try to check acorns as fast as she can while I try to get them out between her sharp teeth.  It's a chance to just enjoy living in the suburbs. 

Here's to hoping this outside time is the key to success of a sleepy baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment