Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

5 things they don't tell you about becoming a dad...

This is a pretty straight forward post.  There is so much about becoming a parent that no one tells you, or you don't believe when they do tell you. 

5) Children scream, a lot.  Not just screaming in pain or when they need something.  No, that gets better as you learn their cries before they get to the screaming phase.  No no, they SCREAM, at the top of their lungs, for no reason.  They are exercising their voice, I'm sure, but I wish it would happen more outside than in...

4) Being overtired means they have so much more energy than normal.  You would think being tired they would sleep.  Oh no.  Sleep... that's cute.  Nope.  Being tired means get them to bed immediately or your risk the "second wind" and holy crap please don't.  '

3) Your child can be the best behaved kid in the entire restaurant, sitting nicely, playing with their toys, eating their food without making a mess.  But even a peep as you leave the door and all people have to say is how obnoxious kids are in public.  Like, really?!  She made a peep as I put her coat on her to leave and you are gonna complain?  We've been here 45 minutes with golden silence!  Get over yourself. 

2) You will get pee on you.  I worked in childcare for years before having a kid of my own and no kid ever peed on me.  I potty trained and changed diapers in all sorts of situations and never had a child urinate on my, ever.  With my kid?  I stuck my hand in pee thinking it was plastic in her diaper.  In  my defense, so did my husband.  We are tired people. 

1)  And the number on thing no ne tells you about becoming a dad?  You are awesome.  You got this.  Parenting comes naturally to some and not so naturally to others, but no matter how it comes, it comes.  Sure, you get grossed out by snot suckers and vomit.  They are bound to embarrass you at the most inopportune times.  But it's all worth it when they wrap their tiny little arms about your neck and kiss you for the millionth time. 



*All images used are memes I found online.  They are unaltered from when I found them.*

No comments:

Post a Comment