Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Introducing unit studies, toddler style

As baby girl approaches 2 years old, I find it important to incorporate a little more structure into her learning times.  I think the best way to do this is by doing loose unit studies.  Monthly themes, if you will. 

Totally Awesome Toddler Adventures

I've been following this blog for a little while now, her daughter is slightly older than baby girl (2 months I believe).  She basically already has everything figured out.  Why reinvent the wheel when I can just attach it to the car and go?  ]

She also has a Facebook page... Totally Awesome Toddler Adventures Facebook

So I am looking over and gathering supplies in order to achieve her level of toddler awesomeness. 

Here is kind of what I am thinking, at least for now. 

Baby girl turns 2 in June.  That seems like a great month to start these unit style studies.  That gives me a little while to get all my shit together and ready to go. 

June will be "All About Me".  This is a super simple one and plays well into her birthday. 

July will be Space!  I am obsessed with space and our nursery was set up in space at our old house and kind of loosely spacey here.  The owner of the Totally Awesome Toddler Adventures blog just recently did a space theme and posted about it on her FB page.  It was awesome and I was jealous of the little toddler there! 

August will be The Garden!  We are not having a garden of our own, but I figure we can look at books and get out and play in the dirt a little. 

And that's as planned out as I've gotten.  I plan to really dive into the blog and FB page one night so I can plan a little more in depth what I want to do.  I know there are themes of apples and transportation and so much more!  Go stop by and check it out!  Then come back and tell me what your favorite idea for a  unit study is! 


No comments:

Post a Comment