Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Packing a toddler

We travel with baby girl, quite a bit.  Through these travels, I have perfected how to pack her for the easiest dressing in the morning! 

I am going to share my secrets with you now.

I pre-match each outfit and place them in a baggie together.  I am currently using just ziplock top baggies, but I am on the look out for small clear garment bags so I can reduce my use of plastics. 

I go through each item of clothing and pick out a top, bottom, and socks and put them in the bags.  That way I have to think about absolutely nothing while trying to get her dressed while on the go. 

I then roll all the air out of the bags and pack them in her suitcase.  For most trips we pack separate suitcases, that way I have extra room to bring home any purchases without worrying about all the bags they come with! 

The suitcase is put together like this:



Outfits together, then PJs free in the suitcase, extra onesies and socks are also put in there free.  I sometimes have extra baggies that I can throw extra clothes in, but I don't stress over those.  They are so rarely used, but I know the first time I don't pack them is when I'll need them. 

And that's it.  Outfits preplanned, based on weather and cuteness, and then a few extras thrown in for safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment