Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Garden update July!

Holy crap things are growing!!!

Look at all this awesome stuff growing!

 If you've followed along, you know we've had a ton of problems getting our garden to grow.

But now it's growing!  Look!

This is a very green Cherokee Purple slicing tomato.

There are 14 of these plants in our garden and this is the only tomato on the vine, so far.

But I'm so proud of this tomato.
 We had a ton of problems with carrots and probably have 7.

I planted probably 40.

But those 7 are doing well!  If not a little above ground despite my best efforts.

I have learned so much from these carrots though.  But this is a Cosmic Purple, I believe.  I can't wait for it to get a little bigger so we can pull it and eat it!
 This one I am super excited about!

Yes, the weeds are awful around it.  We are going to cardboard and mulch under it as soon as we can, but this is what we have right now!

This is a Strawberry Watermelon.

And it looks soooooo amazing!

I didn't think my watermelons would make it.  And of the 6 I started, it appears we have one Strawberry and one Orangello.  The only watermelon on the vine though is this one!

I'm gonna really keep you updated on this beauty!
Last but certainly not least is this wonderful little nub.

This is a Cantaloupe!

I am most excited about this little thing and I cannot want for him to grow big and strong and be yummy in my tummy.

I think I have the kiddo most excited for this one too.  As she's all about it every time we walk outside.

It's only a tiny little thing, but this is a Amish Melon.  Apparently it is closer to a muskmelon flavor than a rock melon (cantaloupe in America) flavor, but I'm still gonna call it a cantaloupe and love it just as much!




As you can see, our garden is starting to give us more than beans!  But we do have a lot of beans.  But that picture seems to have disappeared and I haven't the energy to go take a new picture.  That's right, lazy.

But we got one crop of green beans, stringless, and we've left the black beans on the plants to dry.  Our bean plants aren't really doing great.  It seems we got one crop and then bam, they all started dying.  So we are gonna let them dry the beans in the pods for seeds for next year and try again.

Our garden is growing amazingly.  I hate summer, but man I do love gardening!

And I have learned so much this year. So next year we are gonna have the best garden ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment