Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Camping! With a toddler...

We are gearing up to go camping!  YAY!
Ahh a nice concrete jungle...
Not quite the great outdoors!

Okay, we aren't going until like October, but still, we have begun making lists to get things ready in order to know what we need to purchase to go camping! 

I feel a bit like Santa... "he's making a list, and checking it twice..."  Except instead of finding out who is naughty or nice, I'm finding out how much it's gonna cost us to get what we need to take our kid in the wilderness for a few days.  So maybe a lot like Santa.. how much am I gonna have to shell out to make everyone happy?!

See, my husband and I like to camp.  We just have never really had the time or energy. Now we have a toddler and somehow that means it's time to camp... because we have SO much time and energy, haha! 

But either way, I'm slowly putting together a wish list of things we might need.  We also need to find exactly what we do have already, just so we aren't over buying.  Since moving, our garage doesn't really have a rhyme or reason to it, but now is a great time to get it together! 

Right now I am focusing on the basics.  Food, shelter, first aid.  I'm going through our pans, and cast iron, acquiring new stuff as well as shaping up old stuff.  I also have made a list of camp fire foods I remember eating at a kid and loving.  Plus s'mores.  It's not a camp fire without burnt marshmallows and burning lips.  Also trying to get stuff to eat it off of without having to resort to paper products. 

Side of the road mulch bed?
A little better!
We have a tent, but need sleeping bags and places to sit for everyone.  Amazing we don't have those already! 

And I am pulling my boy scout knowledge to build us a kick ass first aid tackle box!  I've always wanted one of those, and I'm making it! 

Really, all I'm making is lists.  I have spreadsheet after spreadsheet.  Who knew camping as an adult was so complicated!

Do you camp?!  Tell me all your tips for camping with kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment