Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Toddler girl clothing haul, summer

So it's that time of year again.  With baby girl's recently growth spurt, see last post HERE, it was time to buy her summer wardrobe.  Now, we don't typically buy a wardrobe all at one time.  We are given items of clothing here and there, and everything just sort of adds up.  But in going through all of our clothing, she had very little 12-18, 18month items.  Which meant papa had a good excuse to go shopping!

So armed with my budget of $30 and knowing that the Old Navy in the mall was having a really great sale, off we went!  So here is what we got!


Just an overview of everything.  It doesn't look like much, but I should take this time to mention she already had a pair of jeans, 2 pairs of leggings, a couple skirts, and a handful of tops that still fit/were 18 month sizes.  So this is just the final rounding out of her wardrobe. 

We'll start with the shorts.  The top pair came form Old Navy for $4.  They are just knit shorts, great for toddler gym or playing at the park.  So cheap they can get as dirty as they want, no problem.  The jean shorts are from Target, the Cat and Jack line.  They are technically boy shorts, but meh, clothes have no gender and I thought they were cute. 


I love these skirts!  They are also $4 from old navy.  She already owned one of these, in yellow.  So we went back and bought more!  They have shorts under them, so people can stop worrying about what is under my kid's skirt for modesty.  They are light and airy and perfect to just run around in and stay cool. 


Your basic tank top.  I only bought one of these, simply because we've not done tanks before and I wanted to see how I liked it.  She gets cold kind of easy sometimes, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fill her out with a lot of tanks if she can only wear them outside. 


This outfit I actually ordered online for cheap from the Children's Place.  It's a cute little rainbow skirt, which I'm a sucker for rainbows as you know, and a basic tank with a cute picture on it.  And of course the little shorts under the skirt.  I am thinking this skirt, at least, will be part of her Pride wear this year! 




And my favorite piece, this shirt!  So we were just wandering around Old Navy, looking at stuffs and people watching, and then this shirt was seen.  It is just everything I love.. rainbows and unicorns and a good saying.  It says "May all your dreams come true".  Which I feel is a very good and positive message to put out in the world!  So naturally it went into the cart. 


So this whole clothing haul, minus the rainbow skirt outfit, cost me $28.  I am always for coming in under budget!  And she now has enough clothes to get her through the spring, summer and probably well into autumn.  At some point I will have to address the pajama situation, as they are all getting too small on her now, but short I can deal with as long as they aren't too tight for her. 

Now let's just hope she doesn't have another growth spurt!   


No comments:

Post a Comment