Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Creating my own

One of the things we plan to give baby girl is her language.

Yes, she will speak English, because we do.  But she will also speak her (birth) parents language as well.

The only problem is we've had to learn it and let's be honest, it's not easy.

But we power through.

As Montessorians, we hope to incorporate her language into all of our material.  The problem is that her language is not widely spoken.  And so we've had zero luck finding anything in her actual language.

Which means I've had to create it.

And holy cow, this is so much fun!  And so frustrating as well!

That said, currently we have color cards and number cards.  I am working on number sheets as well.  I am trying to make this as painless as possible, but sometimes you deal with a little pain to make sure your children have the best.

Now if I could only find manipulatives that don't leave out the entire Pacific Islands, that would be great.  I do not have the wood working skills to tackle that aspect of creating materials!


No comments:

Post a Comment