Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Surgery Recovery

Much like everything else, recovery from this surgery has been slow going.

This surgery was a life saver for me, no exaggeration, and for that I am forever grateful.

But with that surgery has come a lovely MRSA infection.

Then holes at the incision line.

And then extreme nausea with the antibiotics.

And holy heavens the amount of antibiotics I've been on.  At this point I've been on antibiotics 4 months.  My guts hate me so much right now.

The switching doctors to get this better taken care of.

While simultaneously making sure no one uses my story to bad mouth my surgeon, who is amazing and I would never want a fluke like my surgery to damage her reputation.

And all this adds up to a very unhappy me, trying not to puke on everyone, taking a million and one precautions to avoid transferring MRSA to my family, and sooooo much more..

Yet I am happy.

I am the happiest I've been in a long time.

Because it's finally over and I can function as a human being again.

Isn't that awesome?!

I'm never going to be 100% happy with anything that goes on at my incision site, there just isn't enough skin to make it look "good".  But that's okay.

I'm not sure I'll ever have feeling back there again, because the swelling has caused so much damage.  But that's okay too.

Recovery is slow, and I have had to process a lot of shit during the last 4 months.  But I'm alive.  I'm getting healthier and stronger every at.  I am finally happy.

I think that's a pretty good outcome for any surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment