Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

sad recovery

Sometimes there are parts of recovery that are just sad.  The lack of being able to snuggle was the hardest for baby girl and myself.  

I've been her primary caregiver since birth and suddenly I wasn't.  She was relying on grandparents and her daddy (all very competent people in her life) but it just wasn't the same.  

Then complications set in and things got to the point where she couldn't even touch me because it just hurt too much. 

As we come out on the other end of this surgery experience, it is so hard to look back at some of these photos I have, but this one speaks to me. 

This is the sadness of recovery when you have a parent who is sick.  


While I was away at yet another doctor's appointment, baby girl curls up in my chair.  She couldn't be on my lap, but this was her way of being close to me.  It breaks my heart, but also warms my heart. 

Recovery has been hard but knowing that every day I get closer to being able to snuggle her again makes it worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment