Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Well that lasted 10 minutes...

Let me set the stage.

We are working on sod for our front lawn.  We both needed to work to get the soil turned and broken up so we can actually lay the new sod and it take.  This is quite a feat when you have an almost 2 year old who is a runner.  And by runner I mean runner in the street because she enjoys playing chicken with cars.

So I came up with a great idea!  We'll set her up at the end of the driveway with her rice bin and a new toy she loves!  It was perfect.

PERFECT I tell you.


There you go.  Everything she could want for an hour of peace. 

An hour was all we needed.

I just needed to help as much as I could.  We weren't wanting all day. 


So you can see, she's all set up.  We set out to get our tasks done as quickly as possible.  The rice bin can only hold her attention for so long. 

Yeah.. that so long was 10 minutes. 

10 freaking minutes.

So, what else is a parent to do? 

Hand her the fucking kindle.  That's what. 


A little Moana never hurt anyone. 


And when that got old?  Up on my back she went for a quick nap.  At least she still falls asleep in the carrier. 

But we got everything done.  That's what counts right?  Right????


No comments:

Post a Comment