Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

A bubble extravaganza!

Alternately titled

Papa gets out the bubble machine because he's tired of blowing bubbles.

Do you remember when you were so carefree that running through bubbles in your driveway was the best thing ever?

Yeah, neither do I.

Having a kid really makes you appreciate the little things again.

Running through the sprinkler, sliding down a slide, and running through bubbles.



The good things in life are the simple things.  And kids really show that to you.

Baby girl absolutely loves bubbles.  To the point I find myself light headed some days because all she wants to do is have me blow bubbles for her to pretend to eat. 


Oh yes, she pretends to eat them.

And as we were sitting in the driveway the other day, I remembered something.

We bought a bubble machine for her 2nd birthday!

Nothing fancy, just a Walmart special for like 9 bucks.


But the best 9 dollars I spent that year!

So off to the office, where everything goes to die, to find the machine and hope we still had batteries!

Lo and behold the batteries still worked!  


A little miracle bubble and she was off!  Enjoying bubbles in a whole new way.

And much faster than papa could ever blow them!

I watched my daughter dance through the bubbles in the light and just couldn't stop smiling.  


Because she was enjoying life.  

And that's my goal as a papa.  To raise my kid in such a way that she grows up to enjoy life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment