Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Making tea

A whole post about making tea?

Yes.  Because this tea is delicious.

And I'm not even a big bagged tea fan!  I prefer my loose-leaf amazing stuffs.

But this tea company I found on a whim, after falling down a rabbit hole, researching something completely unrelated to tea or Natives.

How's that for a the opening of a tea story?!

Anyway, here is a step by step of making tea.


So we ordered this sampler pack for Native American tea company.  Worth it.


Tonight I had the teepee dreams.  It's a peppermint tea that's supposed to be good for sleeping.  Since I don't sleep well, I figure why not give hot tea a try!




















Tea kettle and filling it up!  I love our kettle.  It's new and just perfect.  I am honestly loving having a kettle again.

Set on the quick boil burner.  


Next to the muffins we mad today.. and a dirty cast iron skillet I haven't cleaned yet from supper the other night (Bison tacos!)

 I mean, look at these muffins!  Chocolate chip on one side, blueberry on the other.

Oh we are also trying out our new silicone muffin liners!  I'll let you know what we think once we try taking one out.

Also, look at this cute felt alphabet thing I found at Target for baby girl!  She loves letters, and this just is perfect for her.




Oh right, back to the tea!  While the water is warming, I got down my gigantic favorite mug ever.  I've had this mug for probably 15 years now?  Love it.  And dropped my tea bag into the mug.  All waiting on the water!  

 Water's done!  I don't let it get to the full whistle for herbal teas.  I typically just like it steaming, but not full on rolling boiling.


Poured over, and now we wait.

5 minutes later, tea!  

I use my spoon only to stir the tea around.  I don't add anything, but I bet a little honey would be delicious in this tea.  


Enjoying my tea while playing my game.  The game that probably makes it harder for me to sleep because I play it so late.  

All well.  It was delicious.  

I highly recommend these teas to everyone!  They taste great.  



Oh, and my poor loose leaf tea brewer.  My husband picked this up for me in China almost 9 years ago now.  It's leaky but awesome.  A little jealous right now since I'm using bagged tea, but it'll get a work out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment