Pages

Monday, May 14, 2018

Replanting

As you learned, we had a pretty massive garden failure of all our spring crops.

It sucks.


But it gave me the chance to replant the seedlings inside and try again.

I think my failure was the weather wasn't right for them to sprout.  Not enough sun, not enough water, not enough of anything.

So I'm trying something new to see if that helps.

I have replanted everything inside, in a seed pod, for now.  And when they sprout up an inch or so, I will transfer them outside.  

So in a week or two, max.

This gives me the ability to say, yes, everything I planted was sprouted when I put it in the ground! 

Any future failure will not be because of a failure to sprout.

Which gives us the ability to figure out what else can be going wrong, if we do have another failure.

Along with replanting our spring garden indoors, I went on and started out seeds for the summer garden in doors.

My theory is that giving them the same ability to sprout indoors gives them a bit of a better chance.

Will it work?

Beats the hell outta me!

But all of gardening is guess work.

Especially that first year!

So here's to hopefully a beautiful and bountiful summer harvest!




























Here are some sprouts!  It's so rewarding to see them taking off!  Hopefully they'll survive the transplant!  

No comments:

Post a Comment