Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

Curly hair everywhere!

When you are given the gift of a daughter, there are so many things people tell you about.  The cute little dresses, the pink explosion everywhere, and the lovely little dollies for playing house.  But one thing no one seems to mention is the hair. 

Our daughter was particularly blessed with hair.  Lots and lots of hair.  And it's beautifully curly. 

S.O.S!

This is our conglomerate of hair care products now!

I should mention my husband and I keep super short hair.  Wash and go is our motto in life, in everything.  Then baby girl came into our lives.  At first, her hair was easy... it was short and while It had a curl it was mostly straight.

Then one day she woke up and it wasn't straight anymore.  Neither was it short.  And we had to figure out what we were doing really quickly!

Loose curls just hanging out waiting to go to a party!

And so we started experimenting.  Boy was that fun!  I won't post any pictures of her hair during that time.  I made a promise to myself that even with the blog doing anonymous pictures I wouldn't post anything I didn't think was the best I could post.  Nothing to potentially embarrass her. 

So anyway, it took us about 4 months to figure out stuff that works.  I spent a lot of time watching videos on YouTube and reading blogs about curly hair. 

Happy pig tails!

Thankfully, now at 19 months of age, hair is just a typical part of the day.  She sits relatively well (with a pack of gummies or two) and we can experiment with fun styles!  Letting her hair grow and taking care of it has been amazing.  Curly hair is a challenge, but it is worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment