Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The spectacle of babywearing as a dad

Have you ever stopped 50 people at an event who just sat there and stared at you while you got something done?  Well, I have.

And it was nerve wracking!

The first time I used my meh dai in public was at Pride 2016, in a new city, in a new state, right after moving!  It was a mess. 

And everyone just stared.  I liked to think it was because I have super skills and they were impressed...

My husband says it's because they all wanted to make sure I didn't drop the baby. 

Wearing at the Renn Faire. 


So one thing about wearing as a father is the amount of ridiculous comments you get.  They rang from "Oh I can't believe how amazing you are for wearing your child!" to "Oh man, she's so spoiled by daddy huh?"  It is surreal how many people just can't help themselves from saying something. 

But I enjoy it.  Every moment of wearing is a chance for me to bond more with my kiddo and get things done.  She just sinks down into the carrier and is super content, 90% of the time.  It is amazing and connecting and awesome. 




And considering she often tries to wrap herself, I think she enjoys it! 

1 comment: