Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

No I do not plan to watch the inauguration


Several people have asked me if baby girl and I are going to spend out time watching the inauguration.  The answer is no.

Donald Trump is a direct threat to myself and my family.  We will not give him air time in our household.  We wish no ill to come to him, but we do not support him or what he has the potential to do to this country.  I understand the Electoral college has voted him in, that is the American system, but that does not mean that I have to happy or accept him as something he is not. 

He is not an advocate to America.  He is not someone who will be good for America.  But he is there for at least the next 4 years and honestly I will deal with it the best I can.

But I will not be happy.

Instead, I think baby girl and I will take a walk.  We will wear our rainbows with pride and just be out and about in Nature. 


My goal is to teach her to be a good person.  Part of that is teaching her peaceful resistance.  No, you cannot always be peaceful, but when you can be, you should be.  I will teach her to march in solidarity.  I will teach her to stand up with her voice when she can.  That is important.

Part of that is teaching her to not watch something like this inauguration just because people demand you should. 

Instead here are activities I think we may participate in:

1) Finding a peaceful protest march and joining in.
2) Going to the playground and making friends with people who are also there.
3) Tending our gardens to make our house beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside.
4) Working on our veggie garden space for self sustainability
5) Reorganize the office space, since I need to do that anyway! 

What things are you doing on inauguration day?

No comments:

Post a Comment