Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Put a coat on her already!

So it's hard to believe for some people, but I promise, dads care about their kiddos.  We care a lot. 

But it doesn't stop some people from deciding that dad has no clue what is going on and giving advice no one needs or wants.

Case in point.  At the playground the other day.  We have a small playground in our neighborhood and I decided it was beautiful outside and baby girl needed to run off energy safely and without me being her climbing apparatus. 

It's 72degrees outside.  SEVENTY TWO.  That's summer weather.  So baby girl was in jeans and a teeshirt.  (see photo below)

Summer outfit for the summer weather!


Needless to say, another family was there.  The mother and I struck up a conversation, not unusual.  But about half way through our conversation she began to talk about the weather.  Then she did it.

"Yeah, you don't think she needs a jacket?  I constantly have to remind my husband that the kids need more clothes on."

Innocent?  Maybe. 

Obnoxious?  Yes.

Listen, I know how to dress my kid.  All dads do.  It may not match all the time, but it's not because dad did her clothes.  It's because my husband has horrible fashion sense!

Anyway, I just smiled and went about my business teaching baby girl how to do the slide.  I couldn't even come up with a witty retort to her statement. 

And for the record, baby girl decided it was so beautiful, she wanted nothing to do with me or my camera.  She took off in the grass and had the best time in the sunshine.  We've been cooped up too long! 


No comments:

Post a Comment